The purpose of the Green and Gold Student Leadership and Professional Development Grant (Green and Gold Grant) is to help U of A students become leaders in their profession following graduation.
This grant provides funding to participate in high impact professional development activities that will help students:
- Expand and develop leadership and employability skills.
- Explore future career opportunities.
- Learn about professional practices in different cultures and contexts.
- Establish networks vital to professional practice and advancement.
- Reflect critically on their career interests and aspirations.
What do we mean by "employability skills"?
- Social skills (e.g. the ability to negotiate; listen and respond to others; communicate verbally and in writing; work effectively in groups)
- Integrity and ethical behavior
- Self-management (e.g. task and time management skills; goal setting and achievement)
- Personal accountability
- Inspiring others to pursue a goal or vision