After You Apply
After you submit your application, it will be reviewed by grant administrators following the application deadline.
Applications are assessed by the Green and Gold Grant Adjudication Committee. Criteria central to the review process are:
|| Factors Considered by Adjudicators
|Value of the proposed activity in relation to the purpose of the grant
||Consider if participating in this activity will help the applicant become a leader in their profession following graduation. Specifically, how will participating in this activity help the applicant:
- Expand and develop leadership and employability skills.
- Explore future career opportunities.
- Learn about professional practices in different cultures and contexts
- Establish networks vital to professional practice and advancement.
- Reflect critically on their career interests and aspirations.
- The purpose and value of the activity
- Explanation of leadership and professional development
- Letter of reference
||Consider if the applicant has demonstrated how they will actively participate in their activity.
The applicant is participating in a workshop that includes applied exercises.
- The applicant is attending a conference and is also on the conference planning committee.
- Applicant’s role in the activity (attendee, participant, volunteer)
- Level of involvement in the activity
|Quality of the application package
||Consider if the applicant has provided a polished and well-written application package.
- Level of detail provided about the activity
- Writing that is clear, concise and free of errors
- Persuasive and logical explanations
|Applicant commitment and fiscal responsibility
||Consider if the applicant demonstrates initiative, organizational skills and perseverance.
- Planning completed to date
- Efforts to minimize overall costs
Membership on the adjudication committee includes:
- Two full-time academic staff members, one from a professional program Faculty and one from a general program Faculty, appointed by the Vice-Provost (Academic) (or designate).
- Four undergraduate students, two designated by the Students’ Union and two undergraduate students at large appointed by the Dean of Students (or designate).
- Four graduate students, two designated by the Graduate Students’ Association and two graduate students at large appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (or designate).
- Two student affairs professionals appointed by the Dean of Students (or designate).