Successful applicants to the Green and Gold Grant must submit a report within 14 days of completion of the activity cited in their application. You're encouraged to include photos.
The purpose of the report is to:
- Help you actively reflect on what you’ve learned
- Encourage other students to apply for leadership and professional development assistance
- Thank donors and inspire them to support the University of Alberta Annual Fund
The report may be posted on the Green and Gold Grant website, shared with the adjudication committee, used in promotional materials, and distributed to the Office of Advancement and Alumni Affairs.
Following are some questions to consider in preparing the report.
- Why did you want to participate in the activity for which you received funding from the Green and Gold Grant? What was your motivation?
- What was your experience? Did your experience meet your expectations? Explain why or why not.
- What challenges did you experience and how did you attempt to deal with them?
- What were the highlights of your experience?
- What did you learn from the experience – about your discipline, about your career aspirations, about other people and/or cultures and/or about yourself?
- What advice would you give to another student who was interested in participating in the same activity?
- What’s next? Do you plan to do anything new or different as a result of your experience? In what ways do you anticipate your experience will impact your future?
Please email your report to firstname.lastname@example.org (Word format).