The Green and Gold Grant funds participation in activities that align with the purpose and goals of the grant.
The grant funds 80% of the total cost of an activity, up to a maximum of $1500 CAD.
Types of activities eligible for funding include, but are not restricted to:
- Leadership conferences and seminars
- Skill-building workshops
- Meetings and events hosted by professional associations
- Experiential learning activities
While this grant supports and encourages travel outside of Edmonton, applications for local opportunities are welcome and will be considered.
If you have any questions about whether the activity you're interested in is eligible to receive funding, please contact us and provide details of the proposed activity such as a website and dates of participation.
Certain activities are not eligible for the Green and Gold Grant. These include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Academic conferences where the primary purpose for attending is to present research. You must be involved in some conference activity besides presenting research, and must describe how participation in particular sessions or activities will fulfill the purpose of the grant.
- Activities organized by student groups (e.g. speaker fees, catering for participants). Please consider applying to the Student Group Grants program.
- Research-related travel (e.g. field research, travel to participate in a collaborative research project or to study with a scholar elsewhere).
- Activities for which applicants will also receive academic credit (e.g. practicum, field school, study abroad)
Activities which lead to accreditation or licensure required for a profession (e.g. courses to become a Certified Accountant, course required for accreditation hours)
- Work experience placements, whether paid or unpaid (e.g. internship, practicum).
If you have any questions about whether the activity you're interested in is eligible for funding, please contact us