Your application must include a maximum 500-word personal essay (word format). Personal essays must be original work and any sources used must be acknowledged.
- I have described my leadership and/or professional goals for participating in the activity.
- I have described how participating in this specific activity will help me achieve my leadership and/or professional goals.
- I have described how participating in this specific activity will help me explore future career opportunities.
- I have described how I will be actively involved and participate in the activity, such as specific sessions, tasks and events I will participate in.
- I have described specific knowledge, skills and abilities I will gain, and how I think I can apply them after the activity.
- My essay is free of spelling mistakes, jargon and grammatical errors.
- I have not exceeded 500 words in length.
- If I have attended this event or activity in the past, I have specifically explained how I will benefit from participating again.
- If this event is an academic conference devoted significantly to the presentation of research, I have indicated whether I am presenting research and how my participation goes beyond listening.
Consider getting feedback on your essay from someone like your referee, a Centre for Writers tutor, or a Writing Resources advisor.